Making the Kyrgyz
£ 45.00 – £ 70.00
Making The Kyrgyz
Janie Wardle and Prajakti Kalra
This multiauthor volume comprises some of the papers presented at the seminar entitled: Rhythms of the past and Tunes for the future: A Kyrgyz Epic which was held at Jesus College, University of Cambridge in October 2016.
2017 Hbk ISBN: 978-1-908106-55-1 300pp
2018 Pbk ISBN: 978-908106-64-3 300pp
This multiauthor volume comprises some of the papers presented at the seminar entitled: Rhythms of the past and Tunes for the future: A Kyrgz Epic which was held at Jesus College, University of Cambridge in October 2016, The Seminar was dedicated to the 25 year anniversary of independence of the Kyrgz Republic. The volume presents an overview of the Kyrgz Republic from many perspectives including history and politics. economy, development of heritage tourism, ethnic diversity, culture, beliefs, traditions, role of women and education.
Contents include the following sections:
- History of the Great and Greater Kyrgyz
- An introduction to the Kyrgyz
- Contact and Interaction with the Kyrgz
- Oral and Cultural history of the Kyrgz
- Knowledge and Information Resource on the Kyrgz
- British Library and Cambridge University Library Resources on the Kyrgz and Turkic people of the Steppe
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.